Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Andrus Elementary Ninja Club

Ok, I know that everyone is going to think this blog is all about Finn, and honestly this little guy is so entertaining to me, that I should probably just make a blog exclusively to document the funny things he does. Until then, I hope everyone will forgive some more Finn-isms.

Finn told me recently, during another bedtime conversation, that he started a ninja club at his school. He invited nearly all of the kids from his Kindergarten class, and some of the kids from the other class to be in it. This really surprised me because Finn hasn't really been obsessed with ninjas or anything, and has in the past been somewhat shy. Anyway he was telling me about asking some of the kids, and he told me that he asked Travis, (Travis is a kid who called Finn ugly during the first few weeks of school. Finn asked me to confront him on the playground, and they have been friends ever since.) if he wanted to be a helper in the ninja club. Travis said he would need to ask his mom. So Finn said he could just be in the club and not be a helper, but Travis said he would need to ask his mom about that as well. When Finn told me this I laughed. (Perhaps its not funny when you read about it, but if you know Finn and have heard him tell a tale with his eyes popping and eybrows shooting up, you know why I think its funny.) Anyway, I laughed and then said (joking) what a sissy! Yikes, I hope Finn doesn't tell Travis that I think he is a sissy.

Also the ninja club has a meeting every Wednesday before school, and practices ninja soccer and other ninja sports during the recesses. Yesterday Finn told me that he had told the 4 members of the ninja club that there would be no more ninja activities until next Thursday because it was just taking up to much of his time and he didn't have time to just play with his friends and do the monkey bars.

Today he disbanded the ninja club altogether because he was really hurt that he had invited so many kids to participate and only 4 of them kept showing up. He said it was just to much pressure for him to train everybody.

Amazing!

No comments: