Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Valentines trip to San Fransisco


Kirk and I went to San Fransisco for Valentines Day weekend. Kirk had to meet with some Clients on Friday and Monday, so we got to spend 4 days in the Bay City. I have always wanted to go back there and really have time to explore. It was a great trip. We forgot our real camera, so all the pictures were taken with the iphone. Not great pictures, but I'm glad to have some documentation of the fun trip. Here are the highlights:

*The first thing I saw as we came out of the gate at the airport was the beautiful bay.
*We got to stay in a very old hotel (you know how I LOVE old buildings) that had been renovated with a very modern look.
*We stayed just a block from Market street, and the Westfield shopping center. Seriously only 2 blocks from Anthropologie.
*Sourdough Bread bowls and chowder from Boudins
*Romantic walks in the rain (sometimes a run in the rain.)
*Driving across the
Golden Gate Bridge.

a>strong>*Getting the last 2 tickets to Alcatraz. I have been totally intrigued by the history of this place since I was a kid, and was dying to go. Besides what is more romantic than spending your first Valentines Day together on the ROCK!

We are going to be posting a copy of this in our house. Do you think these foo foo vinyl companys print prison regulations?











*Walked around the city and Union Square at 10:00 pm to find a good Valentines Dinner restaurant.
*Just getting to be with my new husband in a beautiful city without any of the kids. I really loved spending so much time with him. I hope we always enjoy eachother this much.

The cable car museam - it was actually really fascinating.

Kirk and I on Alcatraz Island. What a great guy! I am a very lucky girl!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I am so glad you guys got to have a little getaway! Love you guys.