Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Riding the Gravy Train

We got to celebrate Thanksgiving early this year. The Walton kids, and Grandma Walton joined us the weekend before Thanksgiving to have our big Turkey dinner. We had a great weekend. We put up Christmas decorations in the morning, and had a turkey dinner in the afternoon. (When I look at the pictures of this dinner I am surprised by how sparse our table looks. Most of our children are picky eaters, and since I want peace at the table, and satisfied children I made only dishes I knew they would eat. My adventurous cooking is taking a break!)

By far the highlight of our big holiday dinner was the GRAVY TRAIN!

Kirk Jr. literally made this train out of legos, named it the Gravy train, and had the idea to put the track around our table and use his remote control train to serve things at our meal. He modified the train to hold napkins, salt and pepper, butter (beautifully served in the wrapper) and baby carrots, (he was a little disappointed that we couldn't figure out a way to fit the gravy boat on the train). It was awesome. All the kids loved it, and I was so proud and amazed by our very creative son. I can't wait to see what happens at Christmas dinner.

No comments: