Thursday, July 2, 2009

Kindergarten Graduate


Finn Graduated from Kindergarten.

He loved every minute of his first year of school. He made good friends. Loved his adorable teacher. Created amazing crafts. Learned to use the computer. Learned to read. Got inspired by his school library, and created his own version at home. Lived for chocolate milk Fridays. Climbed the monkey bars constantly. Formed a recess ninja club, and then disbanded it when it took up to much of his monkey bar time. Hatched and raised some baby chicks. Had pajama day. Ate lunch at school. Created a kindergarten city. Chased girls. Ran from girls. Endured substitutes, who were probably great, but just not as great as Mrs. Skelton. Stood up to a bully, (actually asked me to.) And came home smarter, bigger and more grown up every single day. Next year he will be gone at school all day. He will eat lunch there, and spend more hours of the day with his teacher than his mother.

Finn graduated from Kindergarten.
Obviously I cried.



No one will be shocked to learn that Finn almost wet his pants during the graduation program, and I had to run up and get him and take him to the bathroom. Poor kid with his mothers bladder.

He refused to wear his church pants because he said that the teacher told them they didn't have to wear church clothes, but they could wear a shirt and tie if they wanted. So my stubborn boy just knew that church pants would somehow be against the rules.

I wanted to interupt the program and tell the teacher that Finn stuck his tongue out at me, but I thought it might be childish.

Finn doing "First Grade, First Grade" Sung to the tune of "New York, New York."


I sure do love this little guy.

The last song included instrumental time during which the kids did the robot. Finn was on the front row and was fabulous at the robot. Seriously a lot of people came up to me afterwards and said how great they thought he was. I was proud, and a little shocked, I mean, he is usually pretty shy in front of other people.

No comments: